The people have asked and we finally have delivered! We work in an up-and-coming industry that is incredibly appealing to many young people in agriculture, and as an organization we’d like to offer an internship to share our collective knowledge. As the only all-inclusive livestock marketing firm in the country, we are excited to offer this to a college student who has a few other responsibilities this summer but most notably wants to LEARN.
First things first, our business is way more than just taking pictures and videos of cattle. We wanted to give a college student a more in-depth look at Focus Marketing Group and how we work tirelessly to promote our business and for our customers. This is a unique opportunity to learn from a team with collectively more than 30 years of livestock marketing experience.
• Part-time position, approximately 20 hours/week
• Majority of the work will be from home, some travel will be required
• Tentative dates, May 16 – August 12, 2022 + the SD Summer Spotlight and the SD State Fair Open Beef Show
• Intern must be available to travel to the SD Summer Spotlight July 27 – 31st and the SD State Fair August 29-31st
• Ideally, the intern would travel to at least one shoot with an FMG photographer to learn how to successfully work a picture pen and the FMG process for picture/video day
• Projects will include photography, videography, light graphic design, basic web design/Wordpress, some social media management, content creation and administrative work required
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products a plus
• Applicant must be interested in livestock marketing in general, preference will be given to applicants with Ag Communications/Journalism or Animal Science majors.
All interested parties must send a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references and 1 example EACH of photography and basic graphic design to Kyla Fawcett (firstname.lastname@example.org). All application materials due by April 8, 2022 by 11:59pm CDT.
NOTE: FMG is a young business with unlimited potential for growth. All FMG employees work remotely from their homes and are expected to complete tasks in a timely and responsible manner. The right candidate will be independent, a real-world problem solver and able to communicate with other FMG crew members via phone and/or email daily.
Questions may be directed to Kyla Fawcett (email@example.com) or 785/213-5435.